9.20.2005

Daniel Gillies as the new Lone Ranger?

A while ago in The Silver Bullet newsletter, I wrote a story making guesses as to new actors for the Lone Ranger and Tonto. It is all for fun, as I have no say or influence over who will get the part. I would like to throw out another idea. I think Daniel Gillies would make a good Lone Ranger. You might recognize him as John Jameson, the astronaut son of J. Jonah Jameson in "Spider-Man II." I think he's got the heroic looks to do justice to the part. Granted, I haven't seen him act in anything else and don't know if he's got what it takes for a starring role, but I think he did great in Spider-Man. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the WB movie had its bright spots. I think Tonto "worked" as an actor and a character.

IMO The main flaw of this and Spilsbury's movie is in the physical nature of LR himself.

The radio voices and Clayton Moore's athleticism conveyed gravitas and strength. The latest actors were chosen to be "teen dreamboats" ("Lone Ranger 90210" or "Tonto's Creek"). They looked like wimps and (worse) moved and spoke like wimps.

Watch Clayton walk or dismount from Silver -- grace and power well-controlled.

-- Pumphouse